What kind of financial help is available?
Any Arts et Métiers student coming to the US for an internship may apply for AFAM financial support (Shasta Grant).
Conditions for application (all papers should be submitted in English)
- Being currently enrolled as a student of Arts et Metiers.
- Having an approved internship in the US – with approved VISA (J1).
- A formal request for a financial support has to be sent to one of the AFAM board member/Community Manager.
It must include the following information:
- Description of the internship – including approval from the company providing internship
- Accepted visa receipt
- Motivation for the internship / financial support request
- Two character references, attesting to the honesty, integrity, and earnestness of the applicant
- An engagement of providing updated feedback to the board
- A student could not have received other public financial aids (for instance, student mobility financial aid from MESR or any other la SOCE financial help). A student should prepare a written sworn statement that he/she did not receive any other public financial aid.
- Approval from a decisional committee delegated by the AFAM board empowered to make recommendation to assign – or not – a financial support upon request.
- AFAM board formal vetting based on decisional committee to the board.
To proceed with your funding request or if you have any questions, please contact Albina Patou-Chebykina.