Continuous Improvement Engineer/Safety Officer (NJ) - permanent position, not an internship (no sponsorship)
POSITION: Continuous Improvement Engineer / Safety Officer
REPORTS TO: C.O.O.
To assist in the development of and to lead in the coordination and implementation of Cultech’s continuous improvement program. This will include, but is not limited to, facilitating meetings and continuous improvement projects to enhance performance and error correction. In addition, act as Safety Officer and have responsibility of the safety program for the facility. Perform audits and/or studies of processes and procedures for verification and enhancement opportunities to improve Safety, Customer Satisfaction and Profitability. He/She must consistently and efficiently perform and follow procedures in compliance to company, customer, and ISO standards.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the overall continuous improvement plan for the facility, and standardized training programs to enhance employee capabilities, safety, increase customer satisfaction and improve efficiencies.
- Provide expertise to manage workshops for analysing and fixing non-conformances and improve customer feedbacks, mastering methodologies like SMED, 5S and general Kaizen approach.
- Work with employees and management to develop ways to improve processes.
- Prioritize, coordinate assistance, keep a visual log of projects in process, measure improvements and celebrate implementations.
- Provide coordination assistance for process improvement events as they arise, including other ideas and initiatives as they come up.
- Adheres to, promotes compliance to ISO, safety, quality standards and company procedures, and immediately reports any non-conformance to supervision.
- Read and follow documented procedures and specifications accurately. If procedures or instructions are unclear, immediately bring the documentation to the attention of supervision.
- Presents a proactive approach to improvement (e.g. understanding and application of problem-solving tools – brainstorming).
- Follow KPIs and launch working groups based on their analysis.
- Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively to customers, employees and management.
- Perform additional duties/projects as assigned by management and/or Supervisor.
For more information, please see below:
If you're interested please contact AFAM Community manager