The doctoral schools are a set of research teams with responsibility for organizing and following up doctoral studies. In particular, these schools ensure the quality of the doctoral students' work and provide thesis supervision. They also have the role of supporting doctors with their future plans.
This school for Arts et Métiers ParisTech doctoral students is based on more than 20 Research Units recognized by the network. It is shared between Arts et Métiers ParisTech and Mines de Paris ParisTech, and its four broad subject fields are:
- Solid Mechanics, Materials and Processes
- Biomechanics and Engineering for Health
- Fluid Mechanics, Energetics, Electrical Engineering
- Design and Industrialization for Sustainable Development
Doctoral school 432 currently has almost 400 doctoral students.
Its parent institution is the Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Arts et Métiers.
Scientific cooperation takes place between:
- Arts et Métiers ParisTech and the ESTP, which are bound by an agreement
- The Paris IAE (parent institution Paris 1)
- The Hautes Etudes Commerciales (HEC) school
The way research skills within management science are grouped together is guided by themes rather than by disciplines, with links to other disciplines (cognitive science, sociology, engineering science, industrial economics etc.).
About a dozen doctoral students are registered with this school.